Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

31 for 21: Frivolity

I am no food blogger, but I am trying to fill 31 days, and these cheese crackers are just about as exciting as anything else I could write about.

Did you know that crackers are basically just a flavored pie crust?

I start with this recipe here.  Then I remember that I don't have any basil, and that I don't want to put a $5 chunk of Parmesan all into one recipe.  So I leave those out.  And add a little dried oregano or a pinch of hot pepper.  Whatever.  Really the important thing is the butter.

I am not in the habit of making crackers.  There is no shame in feeding my kids packaged snacks.  But when I do get time to make these, they are so good.  This weekend they were worthy to take to a potluck.  And if you want to eat the leftovers for lunch, I suggest dipping them in peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment